Report a missing person
If someone you know has gone missing or you’ve seen, or have information about, a missing person, please get in touch. Find out below how to get help from the police and other organisations.
Report a missing person in immediate danger
Thank you. Please call 999 now.
Please have the following information ready, if possible:
- date and time the person was last seen and who by
- what they were wearing when they were last seen
- their description, such as height, colouring, marks or scars
- their address
- any family, friends, or places they often go
- do they have access to a car? If yes, please have the registration number, if possible
- other means of transport (do they have a bus or rail card?)
- any enquiries that have been made to find out the person's whereabouts
- any vulnerabilities they have, such as medical needs or a disability?
- why you consider them to be in immediate danger
- their date of birth
- their mobile phone number and details of any social media accounts
Even if you’re not sure, we'd rather hear from you and make the decision ourselves.