If you've lost or found property in a public place, we may be able to help. Answer the questions below to find the best thing to do next.


Advice tool

The item I lost in a public place has a serial number

For mobile phones, MP3 players, computers or any equipment with a serial number, report the loss at immobilise.com.

For bicycles, please report the loss at bikeregister.com.

Police forces and insurance companies nationwide search reports on both websites.

South Wales Police have a found property database that we can search for you. If you've lost an item, please call 101 and tell us:

  • what you lost, plus any identifying marks or serial numbers
  • where the item was lost
  • the time and date you lost it
  • how you would like us to contact you