Report lost or found property
If you've lost or found property in a public place, we may be able to help. Answer the questions below to find the best thing to do next.
I've lost an item on public transport
For foreign passports, ID cards and driving licences, please report the loss to us at a police station. Please use the finder below to find the station closest to where you lost the item.
For bank cards or other official documents, such as birth certificates and bank statements, report the loss to the office that issued it.
If you know the name of the company that runs the service you were on then contact them directly, as they'll have their own lost property office or service.
There's a list of train operating companies below.
Call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 (open 24 hours a day, except Christmas Day).
Transport for London
(underground, DLR, overground, London buses, Victoria coach station, Emirates Air Line cable car or licensed taxis)
- Call TfL Lost Property Office on 0343 222 1234.
- Visit TfL Lost Property Office at 200 Baker Street, London NW1 5RZ (opening hours, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm, excluding bank holidays).
South Wales Police also have a found property database that we can search for you. If you've lost an item, please call 101 and tell us:
- what you lost, plus any identifying marks or serial numbers
- where the item was lost
- the time and date you lost it
- how you would like us to contact you