Covid-19 recruitment guidance
South Wales Police is closely monitoring the impact of the virus on our recruitment activities.
Please be assured your safety is very important to us and we are taking steps to reduce this risk to all involved in recruitment activities.
SEARCH Assessment for Police Officers - these have all been postponed and the College of Policing have designed and are piloting an online alternative. This should be available for roll out to Forces soon.
Interviews – where possible these will be conducted via SKYPE. Please note we may ask to interview face to face in certain circumstances and if that is the case strict social distancing will be observed.
Due to COVID 19 certain process have been temporarily modified. The enclosed may be subject to change as new guidance is issued by the College of Policing and/or Chief Officer Decisions:
- Fitness tests are suspended and candidates are required to self-certify they meet the required level. The Job Related Fitness Test must be passed upon commencement of role
- Medical checks are currently a paper based process. Candidates must successfully complete all remaining medical checks upon commencement of role. Please note candidates who are vulnerable may have their application deferred.
- Drugs tests are currently suspended, and a drugs test will be required upon joining. This will involve providing a hair sample as soon as practicable after commencement of role.
- Biometric and Fingerprint checks are going ahead now; with a modified process as directed by the College of Policing.
Briefing note to those attending police premises
In preparing to attend police premises, we ask that you review the Government and NHS guidance on Coronavirus.
You should also not attend if you have any of the Symptoms of COVID 19 or if you have been advised to self-isolate.
Those candidates who are well enough to attend have been advised to follow the advice for good hygiene, including regular hand washing:
- Please use hand sanitisers or wash hands on arrival and throughout visit
- No Hand shaking
- Distance between individuals should be maximised and the 2m rule observed
- If possible bring your own drink/refreshments
- Immediately report to any concerns.
- Candidates and colleagues who demonstrate symptoms on the day will be asked to return home.
Please avoid using public transport if possible in your journey.
We hope that the action that we are taking will provide confidence we are mitigating any potential risks by incorporating hygiene and distancing measures.
- It is important that you keep following the latest health advice which can be accessed on the Public Health Wales website and is updated regularly.
Please note that your appointment may be subject to change and we will continue to monitor government advice. If you have any doubts or concern please DO NOT ATTEND. Make contact with us at the earliest opportunity by email or phone.