Covid-19 recruitment guidance
South Wales Police is closely monitoring the impact of the virus on our recruitment activities.
Please be assured your safety is very important to us and we are taking steps to reduce this risk to all involved in recruitment activities.
Where possible all interviews will be conducted virtually via SKYPE, Teams or telephone. Please note we may ask to interview face to face in certain circumstances: in these instances strict social distancing will be observed.
Due to COVID 19 certain pre-appointment processes may be liable to temporary modification. The enclosed may be subject to change as new guidance is issued by the College of Policing and/or Chief Officer decisions:
As of 12.05.2021
- Medical checks are going ahead in person on South Wales Police premises
- Fitness tests are going ahead in person on South Wales Police premises
- Drugs tests are going ahead in person on South Wales Police premises
- Biometric and Fingerprint checks are going ahead in person on South Wales Police premises
Briefing note to those attending police premises
In preparing to attend police premises, we ask that you review the Government and NHS guidance on Coronavirus.
You should NOT attend if you have any of the Symptoms of COVID 19 or if you have been advised to self-isolate.
Those candidates who are well enough to attend have been advised to follow the advice for good hygiene, including regular hand washing:
- Please use hand sanitisers or wash hands on arrival and throughout your visit
- Please wear a face mask at all times. You will be allowed to remove this for the fitness tests only once instructed by the trainer
- Please follow the safety instructions issued in any correspondence regarding attending Police premises
- No hand shaking
- Distance between individuals should be maximised and social distancing observed
- If possible bring your own drink/refreshments
- Candidates and colleagues who demonstrate symptoms on the day will be asked to return home.
Please avoid using public transport if possible in your journey.
We hope that the action we are taking will provide confidence: we are mitigating any potential risks by incorporating hygiene and distancing measures.
It is important that you keep following the latest health advice which can be accessed on the Public Health Wales website and is updated regularly.
Please note that your appointment may be subject to change and we will continue to monitor government advice. If you have any doubts or concern please DO NOT ATTEND. Make contact with us at the earliest opportunity by email or phone.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01656 869225
Police Officer applications
Due to COVID-19 an online assessment process will be used until further notice. The new process will enable rapid recruitment without face-to-face contact while social distancing measures are required. It will also enable secure online assessment to be part of an efficient and user-friendly candidate journey in the future.