Following the changes to Government advice, from Tuesday 24 March our offices will not be staffed other than for essential working. We will therefore not be able to collect correspondence sent via post.
All our services remain up and running as normal with staff working from home.
Where possible, we ask that you contact us online or call 01656 303444.
Please note this guidance from the ICO:
“If you’ve made a Freedom of Information request to a public body or made a subject access request (SAR) for your own information, you should expect delays in response. That’s because organisations are diverting their resources to help with other challenges.”
The Data Protection Act 2018 (which incorporates the General Data Protection Regulation and Law Enforcement Directive) gives you the right to access personal information (information about yourself) held by organisations.
You are able to obtain a copy of your personal information held by police forces using a right known as Subject Access.
There will no longer be a fee for the majority of subject access requests from the 25 May 2018.
This request for disclosure will only cover incidents that occurred in the South Wales area.
Under the right of subject access you are not entitled to information relating to other people. For example, you are not entitled to see a copy of another person’s witness statement or a report another person has made to South Wales Police.
Requests should be made via the Application Form.
A Subject Access Request, for your personal data held by South Wales Police, could include requests such as;
· Can I have a copy of my witness statement I made at Cardiff Central Police Station on the 1st January 2014?
· Can I have a copy of the police/occurrence report on the theft I reported in June 2014?
· Can I request all reports I have made to South Wales Police?
· Can I request all reports I have made about my partner relating to Domestic Violence?
To enable us to respond to your request promptly and efficiently, we have provided you with a form that will assist you in making your request for information held about you locally on South Wales Police systems:
· Click this link for the Application Form;
· Provide photocopies of your identification – proving your name, current address and date of birth;
· Return the application to South Wales Police via post – Data Protection Office, South Wales Police Headquarters, Cowbridge Road, Bridgend, CF31 3SU.
Once a valid Subject Access Request, has been received, South Wales Police are under a legal obligation to respond to the applicant within 1 month.
© Copyright Heddlu South Wales Police
GALWADAU BRYS 999 | EMERGENCY CALL 999
ALWAD NAD YW’N ARGYFWNG 101 | NON-EMERGENCY CALL 101