Noise Nuisance

To report a crime call South Wales Police on 101.

If it’s an emergency, you’re at risk, or you feel threatened, call 999 and ask for the police.

Car stereo noise is a matter for the police, call South Wales Police on 101 to report it.

The types of noise issues your council can help you with.

  • Industrial – noise from factories, machinery, ventilation fans, air conditioning units, tannoys, sirens and vibration.
  • Noise like loud music from pubs, clubs, shops or offices.
  • Misfiring alarms from homes, businesses or cars. These might be security or smoke alarms.
  • Dogs barking.
  • Loud music from people’s homes.
  • Other noises people make, usually at home, like shouting, banging, arguing or sexual activities.
  • DIY noise.
  • Noise from construction sites.
  • Street noise, like loud speakers and buskers.
  • Other noise, like those from household appliances.
Who can help with your noise related problem?

Contact your local council to report noise nuisance in your area.

Bridgend County Borough Council
01656 643643

The City of Cardiff Council
029 2087 2087

Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
01685 725000

Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
01639 686868

Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
01443 425005

City and County of Swansea Council
01792 636000

Vale of Glamorgan Council
01446 700111