Life on the beat isn’t for everyone but that doesn’t mean you can’t work for South Wales Police.
Staff roles vary enormously from Communication Officers to HR Business Partner, IT specialists to Custody Detention Officers. Your skills, experience and expertise could be what we’re looking for.
South Wales Police prides itself on our exceptional people so if you feel that you would like to come and join us keep an eye on our current vacancies.
What South Wales Police offers you…
- Competitive salary
- Paid annual leave entitlement (minimum 24 days rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service) plus paid public holiday leave
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous sick pay entitlement
- Flexible Working arrangements (to be agreed with line manager in support of organisational need)
- Childcare Vouchers – exchange part of your salary for tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Career Break – Staff can apply for a career break (after 2 years’ service)
- Cycle to work – obtain a new bike to travel to work through your salary saving tax and national insurance
- Lifestyle Discounts which include travel subsidiaries, an eye care scheme and many more
- Staff Support Networks which include: Female Police Association, Gay Staff Network, Black Police Association, Christian Police Association, Ability Support Network, Police Federation, Unison, GMB
- Opportunities to join various sports clubs