We no longer take reports of lost property.
If an item gets handed into us we will do our very best to reunite it with the owner. We have created a found property database for the South Wales area to help get more items of property back with owners.
If you believe you have lost any property on public transport or in a taxi, you should also contact the company or taxi provider to check their lost property office.
- If you have lost your UK passport you should report it as soon as possible to the passport office. They can be contacted on their advice line 0300 222 0000 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 5.30pm weekends and public holidays
- Alternatively you can submit a report online
- We do not retain nor return passports handed into police stations, they are always sent back to the passport office
- Please note, if the lost item is a non-UK Passport, please do not complete the form below as you are required to report this in person at a police station
- If you have lost your UK driving licence you should replace it as soon as possible with the DVLA
- You should contact the police on 101 if your driving licence is stolen
- We do not retain nor return driving licences handed into police stations, they are always sent back to the DVLA
- If you have lost your debit/credit cards you should report it as soon as possible to the bank, to ensure the cards are cancelled
- You should then call 101 and ask if it has been handed in at a police station in the South Wales area.
If you have found property, please contact us on 101 to report the find.