Locking your bike:
- Purchase a Sold Secure bike lock, see Sold Secure for advice before buying one.
- Always ensure you lock your bike, whether it’s at home or when you are out and about even if leaving it for a few seconds.
- Lock your bike at a purpose-built bike rack as it may be removed from other items of street furniture, such as railings or lamp posts
- Lock both the frame & wheels to the bike rack, or if at home, lock it away and keep it out of sight
- Reduce the gap between the bike and the lock to stop the lock being moved around to cut
- Ensure your lock is facing the ground as this makes it more difficult to attack
- Remove items such as lights, speedometers etc
- If your bike has quick release wheels, make sure you lock these through the frame.
Download our Locking your bike guide.
Download our Help us put the brakes on bike crime leaflet