The High Sheriff Youth Community Awards is hosted by the High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan, and supported by our Chief Officers.
The awards recognise young people who have made a difference in their community.
- Aged between 11 – 21 years old
- Living or volunteering in the Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf areas
- Someone who has helped a neighbour, an individual, a family member, or a local organisation
Then you could be eligible for prizes of up to £1,000 for individuals and groups (three or more members).
Please complete the 2018/19 High Sheriff Awards Application Form and send your completed application form to:
High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan Awards
or email: email@example.com
The closing date for nominations for the 2018/19 High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan Youth Community Awards is 25th January 2019.
Guidelines for entry:
- Entries are invited from young people aged between 11-21 years old by 25th January 2019 .
- A group must include three or more members, all aged between 11-21 years old on the 25th January 2019
- Entrants must live in either Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil or Rhondda Cynon Taf County Boroughs
- You must have someone to nominate you, who is over the age of 18, at the date the entry is submitted.
- There must be two people, over the age of 18 at the date the entry is submitted, to provide a reference for you. Their names, telephone and email contact details will be required to assist the High Sheriff and judging panel in deciding if you are a winner.
- The parents or guardians of the nominees’ permission are required for publicity (newspaper, website coverage) . We ask that if at any stage during the process you decide you do not want to feature in publicity that you make us aware as soon as possible.
- Judging will take place in February 2019 and there will be an Award Ceremony on 13th March 2019.