Information notice: Change to the law for antique firearms
Some firearms that were previously classified as antique and did not need a licence no longer qualify.
By 11.59pm on 21 September 2021 you must have a licence to own one of these firearms, or you must legally dispose of it:
- .320 British (also known as .320 Revolver CF, short or long)
- .41 Colt (short or long)
- .44 Smith and Wesson Russian
- .442 Revolver (also known as .44 Webley)
- 9.4mm Dutch Revolver
- 10.6mm German Ordnance Revolver
- 11mm French Ordnance Revolver M1873 (Army)
For any queries please contact the Firearms licensing team.