The hard work of police officers and staff who go above and beyond the call of duty was recognised at the South Wales Police Annual Awards Ceremony on Monday (3rd December 2012).
Held at Cardiff City Hall, the ceremony recognised the outstanding achievement of officers, staff, volunteers and partner agencies.
The prestigious event was the force’s seventh annual awards, which was fully sponsored by G4S, Niche Technology, Airwave, Dolmans Solicitors, Capita Employee Benefits, Civitas Law, Northgate Public Services, Real Radio, Nation Radio, Cardiff Council, the Welsh Livery Guild, the West, Mid and South High Sheriffs, Glen Cleaning, Highland Electrix, BOF and Bettys Florists.
A total of 16 awards were given out, ranging from the Police Officer Lifetime Achievement Award through to accolades for bravery, customer service and teamwork.
The winners were….
- Diversity in Action Award – PCSO Rhys Thomas
- Exceptional Bravery Award – DC Andrew O’Flanagan
- Leadership Award – Assistant Director of Justice and Partnerships, Barbara Ranger
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Police Officers – Inspector Mark Taylor
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Police Staff – Mrs Ann Peploe
- Problem-Orientated Policing Award – PC Nigel Bird
- South Wales Police Teamwork Award – Public Service Centre
- Excellence Award – PC Barry Walker
- Extra Mile Award for Volunteers- -The South Wales Police Band
- Innovation Award PCSO Lisa Banfield & PCSO Juliet Payne
- South Wales Police in Partnership Award – The University Hospital of Wales Policing Team
- Specials’ Award of Distinction – SC Mathew Jones
- Exceptional Customer Service Award – HR Business Partner Team
- Community Officer Shrievalty Award – PC Sian Weyman
- Student Officer Achievement Award – PC Jack Whiskerd
- Welsh Learner of the Year – FLO Samantha Thompson