The High Sheriff Awards take place annually and are avidly supported by our Chief Constable.
The awards recognise young people who have made a difference in their community.
The High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan Youth Community Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2013 / 2014 High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan Youth Awards.
- Are under 21
- Living or volunteering in the Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf areas
- Have helped your neighbourhood, an individual, a family member, or a local organisation….
Then you could be eligible for prizes of up to £250 for individuals and up to £500 for a group.
To give you a flavour, take a look at previous winners.
How do I nominate?
The closing date for nominations is 24th January 2014.
Send your completed High-Sheriff-Awards-2014-Entry-Form.pdf (280 downloads) to:
High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan Awards
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for entry
1. Entries are invited from young people under 21 by 24th Janury 2014.
2. A group must include three or more members, all under 21 on the 24th January 2014
3. Entrants must live in either Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil or Rhondda Cynon Taff County Boroughs
4. You must have someone to nominate you, who is over the age of 18, at the date the entry is submitted.
5. There must be two people, over the age of 18 at the date the entry is submitted, to provide a reference for you. Their names, telephone and email contact details will be required to assist the High Sheriff and judging panel in deciding if you are a winner.
6. The parents or guardians of the nominees’ permission are required for publicity (newspaper, website coverage) . We ask that if at any stage during the process you decide you do not want to feature in publicity that you make us aware as soon as possible.
7. Judging will take place in February 2014 and there will be an Award Ceremony in March 2014.