Our commitment to equality and diversity runs through our everyday policing in South Wales.
South Wales Police have set equality objectives, under the Public Sector Duty introduced by the Equality Act 2010.
These objectives positively affect how we deliver our services within our communities and how we engage with our workforce.
You can find the full details of our objectives in the force:
Here’s a quick run down for you:
• To intervene in the most high-risk cases of disability-related harassment using the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) process
• To increase the reporting of hate crime, particularly reporting by gypsies & travellers, asylum seekers & refugees, transgender people and disabled people, including those with a mental health condition
• To research community perception of stop & search and improve officers’ awareness on the necessary grounds for stop & search
• To develop the ways in which the public can contact us
• To review the experiences of women detained in custody in order to make improvements to meet their needs
• Continue to drive sexual orientation equality in the workplace forward, specifically in relation to leadership, policy, training, monitoring, career development and manager development, focusing on staff engagement and our LGBT staff support network group.
Our Equality-Objectives-Action-Plan outlines what steps we’ll be taking to achieve these goals.
Throughout the year we monitor progress against our strategic equality objectives, noted above.
Please click here for the on the latest annual progress report on the strategic equality plan
You may also be interested to know that we also regularly collect and monitor equality data to identify trends and address any areas of concern. In accordance with the Public Sector Equality Duty, we publish updated our equality information annually which includes statistics around Stop and Search, our workforce information, victims of crime, complaints, Custody and diversity training.
If there was another Equality and Diversity publication you had in mind but can’t find here, try our search box on the top right of the screen.