Our commitment to equality and diversity runs through our everyday policing in South Wales.
We are doing all that we possibly can to ensure we meet the needs and expectations of our many diverse communities as well as our employees within the force.
Under the Equality Act 2010, South Wales Police must publish one or more equality objectives that we think need to be achieved.
We are required to do this by the 6th April 2012 and then at least every four years.
You can find the full details of our objectives in our Strategic Equality Plan 2012 - 2016 (1105 downloads) / Strategic Equality Plan 2012-2016 Easy Read Version (692 downloads) , but here’s a quick run down for you:
- • To intervene in the most high-risk cases of disability-related harassment using the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) process
- • To increase the reporting of hate crime, particularly reporting by gypsies & travellers, asylum seekers & refugees, transgender people and disabled people, including those with a mental health condition
- • To research community perception of stop & search and improve officers’ awareness on the necessary grounds for stop & search
- • To develop the ways in which the public can contact us
- • To review the experiences of women detained in custody in order to make improvements to meet their needs
- •Continue to drive sexual orientation equality in the workplace forward, specifically in relation to leadership, policy, training, monitoring, career development and manager development, focusing on staff engagement and our LGBT staff support network group.
Our Strategic Equality Plan – Equality Objectives Action Plan (738 downloads) outlines what steps we’ll be taking to achieve these goals.
Progress on our Strategic Equality Plan 2012-2016 can be found here . Annual Monitoring Report 2013 (490 downloads)
We regularly collect and monitor equality data to identify trends and address any areas of concern. Take a look at our latest Equality Information Bulletin (635 downloads) as of June 2012.Equality Information: June 2013 (139 downloads)
If there was another Equality and Diversity publication you had in mind but can’t find here, try our search box on the top right of the screen.