Can you assist?
South Wales Police have arrested a 20 year-old man from the Castleton area of Gwent in connection with the murder of a 33 year-old man and a 21 year-old woman in Queen Street, Cardiff, at approximately 5.50am today (28 September, 2016). He was arrested with the assistance of Gwent police officers, at an address in Castleton, within an hour of the incident being reported. He is currently detained in Cardiff Bay police station. Police are not looking for anybody else in connection with the incident. The identities of the two victims who both resided in Cardiff have been established and both families have been informed - they are being provided with support by South Wales Police at this time. Post mortem examinations will be carried out to determine the causes of the deaths. At this stage it is believed that they sustained stab wounds. It is being investigated by Major Crime and an incident room has been set up at Cardiff Central police station. Chief Superintendent Belinda Davies, said: “This incident occurred in the main shopping area in the heart of the city in rush hour and it has no doubt shocked the community of Cardiff. Please be reassured that we have a team of officers investigating what happened and importantly we have a suspect in custody and we are not looking for anybody else. “We are in the very early stages of the investigation but I would like to add that at this stage we believe the suspect was known to the victims and it was not a random assault. I would like to dispel speculation circulating as to the motive behind this tragic incident and make it clear that this is not being linked to terrorism, and any links to the homeless community are unfounded.” A large section of Queen Street has been cordoned off which is preventing public access to much of the pedestrianised area which is now being treated as a crime scene. Chief Superintendent Belinda Davies, added: “The ongoing understanding and cooperation from the public and business community is very helpful. I would also like to appeal for people to be mindful that this is a very traumatic time for families involved in the incident and to use their better judgement when sharing and using images on social media. Our thoughts are with the families involved at this tragic time.” Anybody with information is urged to contact the incident room via 101.Alternatively that can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
South Wales Police is investigating the death of 42-year-old Alison Jane Farr-Davies at a house in Swansea. Officers were called to an address in Neath Road, Hafod at around 1.35pm on Tuesday 13th September. A 37-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Swansea Central Police Station. Acting Detective Superintendent Kath Pritchard of the Major Crime Investigations Team said: “On behalf of South Wales Police, I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Alison Farr-Davies who was due to celebrate her 43rd birthday this weekend. “Although we currently have a man in custody I want to appeal to anyone who was in this area of Neath Road between 1pm and 2pm on Tuesday afternoon who may have seen anything suspicious to come forward. Officers responded to several calls from the public who reported seeing a man in the road. “I would like to thank the members of the public who stopped at the scene on Tuesday to offer assistance and those who have responded to our appeal for information so far.” Detectives are also appealing to anyone who was in this area on Sunday afternoon at the time of the Swansea City v Chelsea Premier League match at the Liberty Stadium. A/Det Supt Pritchard added: “I am keen to hear from anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious involving a man and a woman on Sunday afternoon. There was a football car park in this area so there would have been a lot of people around at the time. These people may have information that could be of assistance to us regarding Alison’s death.” HM Coroner has been informed and Alison’s family is being supported by a specially-trained family liaison officer.
South Wales Police are investigating two incidents of indecent exposure in Cardiff which are being linked. The first incident occurred in 9th August at 9am near the Pontprennau Community Centre. The second incident occurred just before 8am on 17th August, 2016, in the lane between Heol Pontprennau and St Mellons Road, Cardiff. The man is described as being white, 5ft 7, in his late 20s to 30, with black hair and thick black glasses. At the tine of the second incident he was wearing a black tracksuit and white trainers. Sector Inspector Geraint White, said: “We are investigating two incidents of indecent exposure which were reported in Pontprennau recently. “Of course we understand that these incidents have caused concern among local residents, but we don’t want people to be alarmed. “Officers are regularly patrolling the area and a robust investigation is underway. “People should remain vigilant and report anything suspicious to us.”
Police in Barry are appealing for information following a robbery which occurred in the early hours of this morning (Friday, 22 July, 2016). Two phones were stolen from a group of three males as they walked along Court Road in Barry, at approximately 5am. The main suspect is described as being white, between 20 and 30 years-old, bald and freckly. He was wearing a grey hoody, with grey jeans, black and blue Nike ‘high-tops’, a ‘large’ silver watch and a red cap. Another man suspected of being involved has been described as white, between 40 and 50 years-old, with a pale complexion, skinny build, and grey hair. He was wearing glasses, a grey polo top and dark trousers. The boys were initially approached by the suspect outside Tesco on Main Street, when they were asked if they had seen somebody. They were then threatened to hand over their phones or be hurt while stood at Court Road’s junction with Barry Road. DI Michelle Conquer, said: “Mobile phones are valuable and resellable making owners targets for opportunists. “I am urging people to mindful of this when they are out and be aware of their surroundings, especially late at night or in the early hours of the morning when there are not many people around.”
Police in Bridgend are appealing for information following an aggravated burglary in Kenfig Hill. In the early hours (3am) of Thursday, 23 June, 2016, a man smashed his way through a uPVC door of a house on Pisgah Street. He ordered the occupant of the property to tell him where he kept money and made off with cash. The suspect is also believed to have attempted to gain entry to the boot of the victim’s car which was parked in the street outside. Officers are appealing for anybody who may have heard or seen something to make contact. DI Michelle Conquer, said: “This is an extremely rare crime which has left the victim shaken-up and local people shocked. The noise made during the incident would have woken people up at that time in the morning and we are appealing for anybody with information, however insignificant it may seem, to contact us.”
Police in Penarth are trying to identify a man who was involved in a peculiar incident which occurred on Sunday, 29 May, 2016. Two members of the public were walking along Bradford Place when they were approached by a man on a bike. The man grabbed the female and shouted obscenities, making off on his bike turning right into beach lane. It is the latest in a number of similar incidents which have occurred during the past couple of months. The suspect – who on each occasion claimed to be autistic and distressed - is described as being white, with black hair and had missing teeth. Anyone who has seen this man, who witnesses any of the incidents, or who knows who it is, should contact us.
Police in Bridgend are appealing for information following an assault which occurred near the Broadlands area of Bridgend on Friday, 20th May, 2016. Just prior to 6pm, a man was assaulted by another man in the car park of the Llangeinor Arms. The incident followed a minor motoring incident between the two men. Police are appealing for anybody who who may have seen the incident between the two men to contact them.
A community mural in Holton road, Barry, has been destroyed by vandals. Eight murals have been ripped from the wall and discarded in pieces along the pavement in what appears to be a calculated, mindless attack which occurred on Wednesday (May 25) at around 6pm. It comes just months after arrests were made for criminal damage when the murals were defaced by graffiti. Pcso Rhiannon Cummings, who led the initiative to brighten up Holton road with the community art work, has vowed to do everything she can to find who was responsible. She said: “This is so disappointing – it is difficult to believe that anybody could be so mindless and so determined to show such disrespect to people their community. “We are urging anybody with information to come forward – they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if they prefer.” For a number of months throughout 2015, Holton Road was the centre of a partnership initiative to tackle problems linked with anti-social behaviour, involving police, local authority, the fire service, community groups and local schools and businesses. The community mural art project was developed to encourage people from the local community to take ownership of the area. Rhiannon continued: “We have contingency fund in place and we will do what we can to make sure the area is restored. “It is important not to let the mindless actions of maybe one person to ruin what was a fantastic achievement which involved so many.”
Police are trying to identify three brave good samaritans who came to the aid of a robbery victim in the every early hours of Sunday morning (22 May, 2016). At just after midnight, the unknown men challenged and chased off a group of men as they attacked another man in Park Street, near the turning into the Broadlands estate One of the men returned with the victim’s wallet and phone which was believed to be stolen by one of the suspects who had all made off from the scene. Officers are appealing for information and believe the men who intervened may be able to assist their investigation.
The 73 year old man who died as a result of a stab wound at a property at Oxford Court in Ogmore Vale has been named as Gwilym Jones. A 49-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder and the attempted murder of a 21 year old woman remains in police custody. A murder investigation is continuing, extra patrols are taking place in the area, and detectives are appealing for information. Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Superintendent Kath Pritchard, said: “Mr Jones’ family is being supported by a family liaison officer at this extremely distressing time and a murder enquiry is underway to establish the circumstances leading up to his death. “The local community is understandably shocked and saddened by this incident and we urge anyone with information to please contact South Wales Police. “I want to pay tribute to local residents at Oxford Court who have had to put up with considerable disruption in the past 24 hours while we have carried out our investigations.” Superintendent Pritchard added: “Ogmore Vale is a close knit community where incidents of this type are very rare. We are appealing for anyone who witnessed a disturbance in the Oxford Court area to contact us in confidence.” Anyone with information is asked to contact South Wales Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting occurrence number 1600176350.
Appeal following St Nicholas burglary Police in Barry are appealing for information following a burglary in St Nicholas, near Cowbridge, on 5 March, 2016. High value jewellery was stolen from the property which is believed to have occurred on 5 March, 2016, when the occupants were away on holiday. Police recently recovered a brown holdall from the River Taff, near Clarence Bridge, in the Grangetown area of Cardiff, which contained some of the items stolen that day. Those responsible for the burglary are likely to have Cardiff links.
South Wales Police can confirm that the elderly man who was hospitalised after being involved in a collision on the A4064 on Saturday, 2 April, 2016, has died. The 81 year-old was in a critical condition at the University Hospital of Wales since the collision occurred. He was the driver of a Ford Fiesta which was in collision with a Vauxhall Astra along a stretch of the A4064 between Llangeinor and Brynmenin at just after 3pm. The 24 year old male driver of the Vauxhall Astra, who was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, has been released on police bail pending further enquiries. South Wales Police are continuing their appeal for any witnesses to the collision, or the manner of either vehicle prior to the collision, to call South Wales Police via 101 quoting reference *114676 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Police are continuing to investigate a sexual assault which was reported to have taken place in Cardiff city centre in November last year. As part of their enquiries, they have identified a man on CCTV who they wish to speak to in connection with the incident. It is believed he might have information which could assist detectives. Anyone with information or the individual himself is asked to contact South Wales Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111n quoting occurrence number *428851.
Police are appealing for information following a robbery which took place in Porthcawl last month. The incident occurred on Thursday, 21st January - a man in his 80s was robbed as he walked along the Porthcawl sea wall between 2pm and 2.30pm. Without saying anything, the suspect – who was riding a bike at the time – snatched the man’s wallet and took out cash then rode off. The elderly victim had just been to the cash point in John street before making his way on foot to the promenade. The suspect is described as having a ‘foreign’ appearance. He is described as being in his mid 20s, around 5ft 7 with a slim build and short, dark hair. Anybody who has any information about the robbery, or who thinks they may know who is responsible, is urged to contact South Wales Police via 101 quoting reference *023684, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Police in Sully are appealing for information to identify this woman captured on CCTV. Officers would like to speak to her in connection with the theft of a phone from a convenience store on 18 January, 2016. Anyone who recognises her is urged to make contact.
South Wales Police is continuing to investigate the road traffic collision which occurred on Station Road, Port Talbot shortly after 10.00am on Thursday 28th January 2016 when a black 02 plate Mini Cooper was in collision with a male pedestrian. The pedestrian is named as Arthur Bamsey, an 81 year old local man who remains at the University Hospital of Wales in a serious condition. Police are keen to trace the drivers of a dark coloured Ford Focus, a Fiat Scudo E7 style Taxi and a Mercedes Atego curtain sided lorry that had travelled along Station Road just prior to the collision. Police are also appealing for pedestrians who were on Station Road and may have witnessed the collision or may have seen the Mini being driven prior to the collision to contact them on 101 or via Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference number 1600030796.
Police in Swansea are continuing to investigate a number of indecent assaults on women in the city centre. Four incidents have now been reported, the first between 5.30pm and 5.45pm on Saturday 4th July and three between 5pm and 5.45pm on Tuesday 7th July in an area off Oystermouth Road between the civic centre and Marriott Hotel. On each occasion he approached lone females and touched them inappropriately. The suspect is described as being male, of Asian appearance, around 5ft 5ins in height and aged mid to late teens. On Saturday’s incident he was wearing shorts and a T-shirt and on the other occasions he wore jogging bottoms. Detective Inspector Mark Kavanagh of Swansea CID said: “As a result of yesterday’s appeal a further incident has been reported and we have had a number of possible sightings of a male fitting the description of the suspect which we are following up. “These are concerning incidents and we are doing everything we can to catch the offender. I would appeal to anyone who has seen the suspect hanging around the Oystermouth Road area between the civic centre and Marriott Hotel to contact the police.”