High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan Youth Community Awards
The High Sheriff Youth Community Awards take place annually and are supported by our Chief Officers. The High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan is Gwyn George.
The awards recognise young people who have made a difference in their community.
How do I nominate?
If you are:
- Aged between 11 – 21 years old
- Living or volunteering in the Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf areas
- Have helped your neighbourhood, an individual, a family member, or a local organisation
Then you could be eligible for prizes of up to £1,000 for individuals and groups (three or more members). To give you a flavour, take a look at previous winners.
The closing date for nominations for the 2016/17 High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan Youth Community Awards is 27th January 2017.
Please complete the Youth Community Awards Application and send your completed application form to:
High Sheriff of Mid Glamorgan Awards
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for entry:
1. Entries are invited from young people aged between 11-21 years old by 27th January 2017 .
2. A group must include three or more members, all aged between 11-21 years old on the 27th January 2017.
3. Entrants must live in either Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil or Rhondda Cynon Taff County Boroughs
4. You must have someone to nominate you, who is over the age of 18, at the date the entry is submitted.
5. There must be two people, over the age of 18 at the date the entry is submitted, to provide a reference for you. Their names, telephone and email contact details will be required to assist the High Sheriff and judging panel in deciding if you are a winner.
6. The parents or guardians of the nominees’ permission are required for publicity (newspaper, website coverage) . We ask that if at any stage during the process you decide you do not want to feature in publicity that you make us aware as soon as possible.
7. Judging will take place on 16th February 2017 and there will be an Award Ceremony on 23rd March 2017.